Hinkefuss / Gammy

Seit Ostersonntag bin ich es die meine kleine Herde lahm legt. Mein Knie tut weh und ich hinke mehr schlecht als recht mit meinen Ponys durch die Gegend. An joggen ist gar nicht mehr zu denken und die Wanderungen sind vor allem langsamer und haben Pausen.
Since Easter Sunday it is me who brings a halt to my little herd. My knee hurts and I'm hobbling with my friends around. Running is impossible and our hikes are much slower and I need rests.

Löwenzahn steht bei jedem hoch im Kurs und es hat eine Weile gedauert bis ich von jedem das passende Bild machen konnte.
Dandelion is preferred these days and it took me a while to get the right pic from everyone.





Wann immer es geht versuche ich an den See zu kommen, aber es gibt diverse Hindernisse. Da der Weg länger ist kann ich es eigentlich nur am Wochenende dahin schaffen, aber es ist auch ein beliebtes Ausflugziel. Daher versuche ich so früh wie möglich und eher Samstags da zu sein, aber mittlerweile ist Angelsaison und es wird immer schwerer einen Platz zu finden wo wir niemanden stören. Und jetzt hat auch noch die Moskito Zeit begonnen und eigentlich ist diese Gegend mehr oder weniger tabu bis zum Herbst.
Whenever it is possible I try to reach the lake. But there are several hindrances. The way is a little bit longer so it's only possible on the weekends, but it is also a popular excursion destination. For that I try to be there early and more on a Saturday. Also the fishing season started and it is getting more and more complicated to find a place where we are not disturbing. And finally the mosquito season began and this area is a kind of no-go-area until autumn.

Gruppenbaden
Taking a bath all together

Planschen
Splashing
Die Gegend ist traumhaft und wirkt immer wieder wie ein Märchenland auf mich.
The area is beautiful and sometimes I think I'm in a kind of fairlyland.

Märchenland
Fairyland

Und der dazugehörige Ritter ...
And the appropriate knight ...

Heute morgen gab es dann nochmal eine Lektion in puncto Aufmerksamkeit. Obwohl ein freier Tag war habe ich in die emails geschaut. Immerhin nicht während dem Laufen, sondern im Stehen. Als ich aufschaute hatten wir Besuch bekommen. Ich habe es überhaupt nicht mitbekommen und mich irgendwie echt miserabel gefühlt ...
This morning I got a lesson in the matter of attention. Although it was a day off I was checking and reading business emails. After all I did it while standing not walking. When I looked up again we had visitors. I really didn't realized them coming and finally I felt even more miserable ...

Besuch
Visitors

Comments

  1. I'm sorry to hear that your knee is painful Sabine... :-(
    Since breaking my leg (just at the base of the kneecap) in 2010, I too often have knee pain. But because I ride rather than run/walk, the horses help me out with their strength by carrying me where I wish to go.
    It has not rained at all so far this Spring - we are in need of a good soaking rain to green the fields and pastures & get the crops going. But, until the rains come, we are in mild weather with hardly any flies & none yet that bite.
    Boy, that splashing in the water looks like fun!
    Hugs from Canada

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I tried to let me help out from my Pony's: Carriage with Pepe, riding Point, but it's not working for me. I need my miles on my own feet ...
      You know what is strange. We also have very less rain and the fields are starting to dry out. Even the grass is in some areas yellow and burned. I think the flies come from last year and heavy winter rain. Some areas are still soaked.
      Sometimes getting older sucks! And as always I appreciate the hugs!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts