Not macht erfinderisch / Necessity is the mother of invention

In Berlin ist seit Wochen Hochsommer und wir haben eine ansteckende Krankheit auf dem Hof: Druse. Der Hof ist riesig und meine Ponys leben am anderen Ende der Quarantänezone, nichtdestotrotz ich bin verunsichert. Nachdem ich mit meinen Ponys wegen Hitze, Druse, viele Termine und einfach keine Zeit von Montag bis Freitag nicht wirklich vom Hof gegangen bin habe ich Freitags eine 'rote Karte' von allen bekommen. Die Stimmung bei den Ponys war auf dem Nullpunkt und ehrlich ich bin drauf angewiesen das die gut drauf sind, sonst geht es mir nicht gut.
Also Samstag um 6.50 Uhr waren wir unterwegs.
In Berlin we have since weeks high summer, and also we have a contagious disease on our horse pension: Strangels. The horse pension is big and my Pony's are living at the other end of the quarantine zone. But I'm uncertain how to behave. After I not really left the horse pension from Monday to Friday for several reasons: Heat, Strangels and I was really busy I got the 'red card' from my guys. Friday morning the mood was kind of freezing and I honestly need them in a good mood otherwise I follow straight moodwise. So we started at Saturday 6.50 o'clock.




Das war mein Ziel, eine kleine Furt die ich mit dem Fahrrad durchquere. Seitdem ich den Weg für mich entdeckt habe, wollte ich schon immer mal mit den Ponys dahin. Aber der Weg ist nicht schön, er führt an der Autobahn entlang und viel Asphalt. Aber dafür sind keine Mücken da und wir waren ja früh unterwegs. Über den Rückweg hatte ich mir allerdings keine Gedanken gemacht. Die Furt ist gerade sehr seicht und so konnten wir uns zwar die Füße kühlen, aber echtes planschen war nicht drin.
That was my goal, a small watersplash which I cross with my bike. Since I discovered this I wanted to take the Pony's there. But the way is not nice, it's along a highway and there is lot's of  asphalt. But therefore no mosquitoes and we were early. How to get back I refused to think about. The watersplash is very low at this time and so there was just cooling the feet, but no splashing.



Und dann hatte ich Lust auf Abenteuer und dachte mir, eigentlich müsste doch ein Rundweg drin sein. Wir zogen los und ziemlich bald kam eine Unterführung. Keiner zögerte, aber Moritz hat einen misstrauischen Ohrenausdruck.
After that I was in and adventurous mood and thought about finding a circular path. We started walking and very soon we came to an underpass. No problem, but Moritz and his eyes telling me that he was suspicious. 




Diese Bilder sind so typisch wir! So ungefähr wusste ich auch wo wir waren und freute mich sehr eine neue Gegend erkunden zu können.
These pictures are so typically us! I roughly knew where we were and was happy about exploring a new area.


An dieser Stelle hatte ich keinen Plan mehr. Wir kamen an eine Landstrasse wo der Weg nicht weiter ging. Es war sehr heiss und so lamgsam waren alle etwas müde. Als ich das Bild machte dachte ich, könnte auch irgendwo in Italien sein ...
Point fing an Vorschläge zum Umkehren zu machen und Pepe schloss sich ihm an. Nur Moritz blieb mir treu. Wir haben dann ein älteres Paar mit Hund getroffen die uns weiter geholfen haben.
At this point I lost my plan. We reached a big road and on the other way was no further way. It was very hot and all of us were a little bit tired. When I made this photo I thought it also could be anywhere in Italy ...
Point started to make suggestions for turning around and Pepe followed him. Only Moritz was faithful with me. We meet an elderly couple with a dog which helped us out.



Die Gegend änderte sich wieder total und die Brücke war auch ein cooles Abenteuer.
The area changed extremly and the bridge was cool.


Wir waren 16,5 Kilometer unterwegs und ich bin extrem stolz auf meine Ponys. Alle sind fit und machen alles mit. Also zum Horizont können wir laufen, was ja immer noch mein Traum ist ...
We walked 16,5 kilometer and I'm extremly proud of my Pony's. They are all fit and no matter what the participate. So we can walk to reach the horizon, which is still my dream ...

Und das mit dem Sand wo Pepe sich genüsslich wälzt, das ist die nächste Geschichte!
And about the sand, where Pepe is appreciatively rolling. That is the next story!


Comments

  1. Boy that looks like it was a great hike - water, grasslands, woods, and a sweet little bridge! Here we have a vaccination for strangles - but a lot of people don't use it. Strangles is an ugly sickness for sure - I remember doing the mid-day doctoring on a friends' young colt (while she was at work), it was at least 6 weeks this colt was sick and it had burst through his throat area. It was hard to keep clean and ugly, but at last he recovered and is still with them as a riding/roping horse, now he is about 13 years old. In all my years on the racetrack, despite a number of outbreaks, we managed to avoid any of our horses ever getting sick, I am convinced just by keeping our shedrow clean and not allowing other people to touch our horses. I think that some people do not realize that they can spread the virus by touching one horse and then another. Strangles is also tricky in that a horse can shed the virus but not have symptoms, essentially be carrying it all the time. infecting other horses, and starting outbreaks in barns. It is good that your horses stay away from the others!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts