"This picture will be in my mind for a long time"

Imagine: You walk through the forest and suddenly a white Pony appears 5 meters in front of you. Friendly, curious but alert! A short time later a woman appears with two other Pony's.
It was a small family, Mother, teenager daughter, father, dog and the woman said to me: "This picture will be in my mind for a long time".

We were out again, a mixture of riding and hiking. It was foggy and we met just a few people.

Looking back

Looking forward

Because Point is carrying me he was the one who could run free when I was walking.

He likes to run

He has boots!!!

It's one of my favorite tracks when I want the forest feeling. The Pony's know the way blindly.

Everyone has something to eat

I think the building in the back had a roof the last time I was here?

I think the last time but one I discovered an apple tree with very small apples. I not sure but I think they are called crab apple (Holzapfel in German). Since then the hooves find their way to this stop.


And it seems some hidden story has happened. Honestly I'm not really curious, but was asking myself if this is a save spot or not.



In all this years I did not manage to find a fitting holster for Pepe. Because he either runs in front of us or let himself drag behind, the holster normally get out of it's place. After one hour I saw that he was blinking and one of his eyes was watering. Argh ... But this lead me to a new trick. I fixed the Flexi Line to the belt on which I attached the backpack.


It took him a while, but not really long to understand that instructions for direction came now from his back. For me it was an feast for my eyes to see him move without a holster.

This trip was a pleasure and I'm so happy with my crowd and endless proud of how we manage our wanderlust.

25 years and still the hard-running guy I met 18 years ago

Comments

Popular Posts